Search This Blog

Wednesday 21 July 2010

Night of Change - Poem

Night of Change in Poetry of Darkness Volume I


He took me that night; the night the moon was bright

He came into my room; cast a shadow of gloom

He was dark and mysterious; the look on his face so serious

He came over to where I lay; picked me up and led me away

I had dreamed about him many times; dark and gloomy sometimes

He came to me every night it seemed; my tears of his leaving streamed

He said the same thing to me; together forever we will be

He had come for me on this eve; him I gratefully receive

In his arms I flew through the night; my body did start to excite

He had an aura about him; seeming inside so awfully grim

He took me to a place; corpses lie in disgrace

He placed me down on a cloth; feelings inside started to froth

He laid beside me so cold; my emotions inside uncontrolled

In the depths of his eyes I stared; the light inside him flared

He turned to me and spoke; your beauty I will evoke

He kissed me then so gently; although it was felt differently

He held onto me for some time; my veins seemed to climb

He let go of me and looked me in the eye; I knew I was to die

In the room with the corpses I died; the end I was denied

He grinned at me upon my re-birth; for evil he had to unearth

He had turned me into one like him; I could hear a death hymn

He was singing to me; knowing what I was to be

He took hold of my cold hand; now I did understand

I had been turned into a thing of the night; much to his delight

He had created a mistress of dark; my throat there laid the mark

He was here for eternity and more; now he had me for ever more

He was the man of my dreams; silly now it seems

He was the one I wanted so bad; enough to drive me mad

I was one of his kind; darkness I was confined

He showed me what we needed; my first test I succeeded

He watched me draw first blood; my eyes with tears they flood

He comforted me with words; words that felt like the wings of birds

He took care of me ever and always; as we glided through many hallways

I killed with ferocity and greed; I pleased him indeed

We roam the night together now killing; our satisfaction never fulfilling.

© 2010 Catrina Lawrence

No comments:

Post a Comment